Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The baby whisperer

ace-1

            I love being an aunt!  I have the cutest, happiest most delicious little nieces and nephews! Unfortunately most of them live in other states, with the exception of this handsome little fellow.  So thankfully I see him often. 

             diva3-1  divaa3-1

And guess who just can’t keep her hands off him? 

divaa2-1

              divaabw-1  divaace-1

I overheard her saying to him, “You are just soooo cute!  I don’t know what to do with you!”  Methinks someone is a little parrot.  Also, adults say weird things to babies.  Myself included.  Various phrases like, “I’m going to eat you.”  “You’re just so adorable I can’t even handle it.”  “I want to squeeze your guts.”  “I’m going to steal you from your mommy.”  Maybe this is why they are born without any understanding of language.  They’d be freaked. For sure.

diva2-1

diva-1

“Mom! Stop taking my picture and let me hold him!”

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

He is so stinkin' cute!! He reminds me of Kirk in that first picture--except with Kelli's ears. :) Can't wait to see him! And, Diva, such a little mommy. Cute.

Kelli said...

So this is what you were doing when I went to the store.
And I know! My ears. Poor Ace. That gene is just really strong, I guess.

Jen said...

Ha ha! Loved the commentary about speaking to babies! And I just had a new niece born yesterday and yup--so cute I could eat her! (and I wanted to take her home with me too!)

LW

Related Posts with Thumbnails