Monday, February 14, 2011

V

                                                                                   

Okay okay.  I eat my words.

I think I’m digging Valentine’s Day.  Don’t get me wrong, I still hate that the prices for everything Valentine’s related are triple what they normally are but I digress. 

Having a school-aged child has helped my Grinch heart grow three sizes. Or maybe just two sizes.  One size?

Anyway, I was very much in Mom Mode yesterday as I helped Diva color, cut and tape together cute little Valentine’s for her preschool class.  Then I baked 2 dozen heart shaped sugar cookies and smiled as I knew 24 cute little kids would be digging into them the next day.

But the number one reason to love this holiday came to me in a cute little note from my husband, complete with a reservation for a spa day.  He even gave it to me a whole week early saying, “I didn’t want this present to be obligatory.  You deserve it no matter what!”

Awwww. Love him, even during the 364 other days of the year. 

Happy Valentine’s Day!

5 comments:

Rob said...

Happy Valentines Day Carly!!!

Lindsay said...

I knew you'd have to come around once your kids got a little older. Holidays are always fun with kiddos.

Alisa said...

Yup I knew one day you would learn to like it. I wish I could have one of your sugar cookies..it sounds so good!

Ryan said...

I saw the title of this post and was hoping to see a great commentary on the planet being invaded by alien lizard people. What a rip off.

Lindsay said...

Ha ha, Ryan, I thought about that show, too.

LW

Related Posts with Thumbnails