* I do not represent Magic Jack nor have I been asked to promote their product. I am simply a mom who likes to save money and tell my friends how to save money.*
So I don't usually try to sell people on products but I can't not say anything about this one.
Hubby heard about Magic Jack and said we should try it once we move. We had been paying $30 a month for our landline and felt that it was just too much money.
So I perused through the Magic Jack website and thought, what the hey, let's try the 30 day trial.
Okay I promise you that nobody NEEDS a 30 day trial of this thing. It hooks up directly to your computer, installs in about 5 minutes, gives you a new number and you're good to go.
- You can't keep your old landline number.
- It only hooks up to computers and not to phone jacks in the wall.
- $$$$$$-It is only $40 for the entire YEAR plus $20 each year after that.
- Long distance, local, call waiting, caller ID is included in the price.
- Super easy to install
Now I realize that only super old school people still use landlines but I need one for several reasons:
-peace of mind (What if cell phone reception isn't working? What if I can't call 911 from my cell?)
-baby-sitters. For the same reasons above.
-saving minutes on my cell phone
-what if I lost my cell? What if I forgot it in the car?
So yes there are still reasons to keep a landline and if you're considering getting one then seriously think about the Magic Jack. So worth the price.