Monday, May 23, 2011

Food

wmelon-1

Some say I’m a bit picky about food.  Not true.  I am selective.  Big difference. 

In no particular order, here is a list of foods I’d rather not ingest:

Watermelon (basically anything with the word “melon” in it)

Any kind of pie

Marinara sauce (but oddly I love tomatoes, tomato soup and tomato juice)

Donuts.  It’s a texture thing.

Mushrooms

Licorice

Bacon

Sausage

Fast food pizza

Fast food in general with the exception of Subway

Pastries

99.9% of all BBQ sauces

Spaghetti (because of aforementioned Marinara sauce)-This is particularly upsetting to my husband who absolutely adores spaghetti.

Cheesecake

So.  That’s about it I believe. You see, it’s not that bad.  Really.  Right?  I do love many, many foods.  Most of them in fact and I’m not afraid to try new ones.  I freakin love fish and a lot of people hate it.  So that’s 1,000 points for me.

Speaking of food.  Munchkin asks for it about…oh…every 2 minutes.  I wish I were kidding. 

“Mommy, I’m huuuungwree.”

Carrots, 2 apricots, 1 big smoothie, half a watermelon (my children do not share in my distaste for this fruit), cheese, two bowls of cereal, blueberries, turkey slices, orange, chips, pistachios…sigh.  Still not done with the day.   

mmelon-1   IMG_0175

mmelon2-1

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so on the same page with you. I'm not a fan of any member of the melon family, licorice, bacon, sausage, fast food/pizza, and BBQ sauces. But as for the donuts, pastries, and cheesecake? Gimme, gimme, gimme!

~Cousin Jenni ;)

debora said...

Feed that child!!! Apparently she's ravenous.
You are a picky eater. Always have been.

Lindsay said...

So what's the .1% BBQ sauce that you like?

Jen said...

you crack me up! No pasta sauce, watermelon, cheesecake!, bbq sauce?? You're missing out!

My boys are always hungry too! I'm amazed how they can often out-eat me...and they are only 5 and 2!

LW

Related Posts with Thumbnails