Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Simplicity

I’m all about simple.

I have minimal decorations.

I rarely wear jewelry.

I only wear makeup when I’m on a date or at church.

And when it comes to food, the simpler the better.  Find delicious ingredients that blend well together and you’re good to go.

One of my favorite meals to make stemmed from this recipe but I’ve changed it a whole lot.   First, I hate mushrooms, second I try to use whole grain pastas as often as I can.  But I love the taste of hot Italian turkey sausage.  It’s the entire flavor of the dish.

pasta (1 of 1)

Hot Italian Turkey Sausage with Penne Pasta and Peas 

Box of whole grain blend or whole wheat Penne Pasta

Package of frozen peas

Hot Italian Turkey Sausage (removed from casing)

Fresh Parmesan Cheese

*Fresh Mozzarella cheese

*Oven roasted tomatoes or Sun Dried Tomatoes

*Fresh Basil

salt and pepper to taste

olive oil

Bring to boil a large pot of salted water.  Meanwhile heat a tablespoon of olive oil over high heat and sauté turkey sausage breaking into small chunks.  When turkey is no longer pink add in peas and heat through, drain excess fat from skillet. Boil pasta according to package.  Drain and add to large bowl.  Add in pea/turkey mixture.  Add in chopped tomatoes along with chopped fresh mozzarella.  Grate in some fresh parmesan cheese and a couple tablespoons of chopped basil.  Salt and pepper to taste.

It is so good and SO easy.  Promise.

*These three ingredients are “extra” meaning if I don’t have those ingredients I still make the dish and it still tastes great.  The “extras” just add a little oomph to the pasta.

This is one of my hubby’s favorite meals and one of the few meals my kids will actually eat and ask for seconds. 

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I am so going to do this.

Becky said...

yum, well have to try it out

Nicole said...

I'm tryin that! Sounds delish!

LW

Related Posts with Thumbnails