Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Checkin Up

diva-1 munch-1

My girls are growing up.  It’s no surprise.  The other day I took them for a check up, year 5 and year 3.  Diva had two shots, a TB test and a finger prick and didn’t even flinch.  She rocked it.  Even the nurse said she was amazing.  And there I sat wondering why on earth the simple act of brushing her hair causes her to have a nuclear meltdown.  I’ll never understand. 

Diva is 40% for height and weight.  Miss Munchkin?  30% for weight and 20% for height.  Yeah, she’s a shorty.  But she packs a lot of energy in her small stature and I have to admit her muscular, chubby little legs (that she’s had since 3 months old!) are just one of the many things I love about her.

Yesterday the girls and I swam for a good hour.  Just us.  And yes I actually got IN the pool with them and swam and played with them like I was 10 years old again.  It was the best. Diva and I dove for “tor-cheetos” (torpedos), judged one another’s hand stands, tried to guess what the other was saying under water while Munchkin used me as a halfway point trying to swim from wall to wall.  I worked with her on treading water so she could come up for air.  We’re getting there. 

I love my little girls.  I just wish they would stay little for a bit longer.  Is that so much to ask?

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

sounds perfect, just you and your girls!

Cindy said...

Looooove them!!

Lindsay said...

I was just wondering to myself the other day if you ever swim anymore since I don't think you ever did any day I was there the past two times. I'm so relieved now to know that you can still swim.

LW

Related Posts with Thumbnails