Sunday, December 13, 2009

"DisneyLand: happiest place on earth"



That saying could not be more true for this girl. The in-laws treated us to Disneyland over Thanksgiving week and Diva was beside herself with excitement. The above picture was taken during the parade where she experienced princess overload. It was amusing to see and put a smile on everyone's faces. Notice her outfit? All.day.long Diva harassed me about getting a princess dress. A dress that alone cost $70. Seriously the girl would never let up. We tried distracting her with big lollipops and cute hats but they were not good enough. So after I said no about 10 times she finally sighed and exclaimed, "OKAY, I'll ask Nee Nee!" And the dress, crown, wand and shoes (not pictured) materialized not too long afterward. She is spoiled but very loved.



Believe it or not this picture was taken about 10 minutes BEFORE the princess dress/parade picture. It was about 6 pm and she was tuckered out and still dress-less. So determined Nee Nee pushed her way through the wall-to-wall crowds all the way up to the Bippity Bop Boutique with the still sleeping Diva. When they arrived Nee Nee said, "Honey, wake up we're at the princess dress store." She might as well have poked her with a hot stick, she was out of that stroller so fast. She lived in that dress for the next week.



This is a shot of "The Leash." YES, I leash my children in an amusement park with over a million people hustling about. Although Lil' Sis' HATED it. Know why? Because she wants to RUN. Hence "The Leash."



And just plain cuteness.

Disneyland can be tiresome and overwhelming as an adult especially carting around young children but it is really amazing to experience things through their eyes. It makes the crowds and lines and the heat (85 degrees end of November!) all worth it.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

So glad you posted this. Love that princess picture! She's so pretty. And I'm sure you know that while she may be able to scream and be overly dramatic, it's also so fun to see how excited and expressive she is about her happiness. Can't wait to see that girl!

TR said...

I don't understand why some people have a problem with leashes. Those people must be mentally insane.

Jerez Fam said...

Ok, that is hilarious about the dress! I love it! You have 2 beautiful girls! I know I'm not the best at keeping up which is why nothing is ever updated on my blog but it sure is fun to see what has been happening in your life! Kate does a lot of things similar to Cadence...another little diva I'm afraid..

Melissa said...

The Leash! I have no problem with it in a huge Theme Park...but what up with The Leash at Target or the park?? That....I DO NOT get!! The girls are such beauties :)

debora said...

A perfect end to your blogging drought.Fun, beautiful pictures

Aly said...

SO cute! I had so much fun with you guys at Disney. And I thought that leashes were adorable. Much cuter than the leashes your hubby used to wear back in the day :)

Chelsea said...

Okay Diva cracks me up! I love that first picture! She is so thrilled to be in that princess dress...She needs to be a walking advertisement for Disney because that picture SCREAMS "Happiest place on earth!"

Bree said...

Such a fun day! I have never seen a happier little girl than Diva with that dress on. What's funny is MissE and Diva LOVED the leashes. It's not abuse if they enjoy it and ask to have it on....which reminds me, I need to buy one of those.

danielle said...

Great post - HAD to comment on the new family pictures. They are GORGEOUS! Love them. And I want your hair. Seirously. I miss my long hair. Been growing it out FOREVER and it just can't seem to get long fast enough!

LW

Related Posts with Thumbnails