Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fend for yourself

I have been learning a powerful lesson lately.

 If I don’t immediately get up with the girls in the morning, they eventually figure out how to get food themselves.

It’s fantastic.  And Diva manages to do so without making a gargantuan mess.  Praises be to lackadaisical parenting.

Let me backtrack here.  The husband gets up much earlier every morning because he teaches seminary.  For those who are wondering, seminary is where the youth in our church go every weekday morning to learn more about the gospel before they head off to school.  In Utah, seminary is actually a class during (lucky punks) school, in all other states it’s not. 

Anyway so I’ve lost my ability to sleep in, or so I thought.  And by sleeping in I mean past 6:30 am. 

So most mornings I ignore their running and screaming and playing and eventually Diva will climb up, grab a cup, poor some milk, get the cereal, grab some bowls and fix her and her sister some breakfast.   

It’s awesome.

Nevermind that some mornings she actually manages to make chocolate milk, or they find the vanilla ice cream.  I still say that’s nutrition.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Hahahaha. I don't know why, but this makes me laugh. I'm just picturing little Cadence acting as mom and loving it.

KickButtMommy said...

I learned this lesson a long time ago. Even Miley can get herself cereal. :)

KickButtMommy said...

or at least a fruit snack and some goldfish.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

isn't it great?!?!?

Jen said...

Yeah, I'm not a morning person either--it's interesting to see what they find to eat for breakfast sometimes! Mine have done ice cream before too! Or crackers (although they sometimes dump them all over the family room!)

LW

Related Posts with Thumbnails